This may be impossible, but...

Place any feature wishes for TrajectoWare Drive 2.0 here.

Moderators: fschmidberger, dtutelman

Mikeb
Trusted user

This may be impossible, but...

Post by Mikeb » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:45 pm

One of the more frustrating and costly parts of selecting a driver is selecting the correct shaft.. Would it be possible (even if simplified) where a shaft characterization could be selected? example

1. Low, Med Hi launch
2. stiffness ( cpms)

The fuzzy part

Tempo?
smooth
explosive

Mikeb

excellent software

dtutelman
Site Admin

Re: This may be impossible, but...

Post by dtutelman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Mikeb wrote:One of the more frustrating and costly parts of selecting a driver is selecting the correct shaft.. Would it be possible (even if simplified) where a shaft characterization could be selected? example

1. Low, Med Hi launch
2. stiffness ( cpms)

The fuzzy part

Tempo?
smooth
explosive

Mikeb

excellent software
Man, I wish I knew enough to be able to do that!

TrajectoWare Drive is based on relatively straightforward physics. Accounting for shaft characteristics would change at least the dynamic loft, and perhaps other things as well. If you know enough about shafts to do this (I'm not at all sure anybody does), then you can crank in that info as you are entering the dynamic loft. But right now it is completely manual -- because I don't know any programmable rule to take shafts into account.

I have another effort in which I'm trying to correlate measurable shaft characteristics with launch conditions. (I am the co-designer of the NeuFinder 4, a shaft measuring instrument that takes stiffness profiles, among other things.) At some point in the future, maybe I will know enough to program it -- or at least put some specific guidance in the Help "book".

Cheers!
DaveT