Is 2.0 still under development?

This is the place for any questions and discussions about TrajectoWare.

Moderators: fschmidberger, dtutelman

CBedo
Trusted user

Is 2.0 still under development?

Post by CBedo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:07 am

First off, I just stumbled upon this software, and not only am I enthralled by playing with it, but can't wait until I have more time to dig into the forum questions/responses. It really looks like there is a wealth of information there. Thank you for the hard work.

My question is if the 2.0 version still in the works, or have you discontinued development? If you are still working on it, can you give us an update on what's going on, particularly with regards to bounce & roll?

Thanks,

Chris

dtutelman
Site Admin

Post by dtutelman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Sorry to have to say this, but we are not active on the project at the moment. I'm sure we will get back to it.

DaveT

CBedo
Trusted user

Post by CBedo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks for the reply. This project would make a great web app (platform independent).

dtutelman
Site Admin

Post by dtutelman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 pm

CBedo wrote:Thanks for the reply. This project would make a great web app (platform independent).
You may be right.

Or maybe not. Platform independence and no need for installation are the two advantages I can see. Nothing else I can see to recommend webbing it, and a few things against. For instance, personalizing preferences, and saving data. Yeah, they can be done with web apps, but it's harder that way.

One thing for sure: It won't make the next release come any faster. Quite the opposite. It's a significant thing to develop.

Cheers!
DaveT