Legend Golf Safari 3 par 19th hole 400 M long 1430 ft high

This is the place for any questions and discussions about TrajectoWare.

Moderators: fschmidberger, dtutelman

Michael1709
Trusted user

Legend Golf Safari 3 par 19th hole 400 M long 1430 ft high

Post by Michael1709 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:11 am

I just joined as we were discussing at work the likely distance of the 19th hole at the legend golf safari course. The hole is 1430 ' below the tee and apparently 400 yards in horizontal length. The link to it is below.
http://www.legendgolfsafari.com/facts-figures

I noted on tracetoware that there is a preference that enables a variable tee height to be inputed into the algorithim but I havn't been able to make this adjustment.

Turning the question around what parameters of the ball strike would be required to drive the ball the required 400 yards given the tee is 1430 ft higher that the green.

Could you provide some assistance as to how Trajectoware could compute this answer .

Regards,

Michael

fschmidberger
Site Admin

Post by fschmidberger » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 am

Hi Michael,

entering a tee height of 430m, a clubhead speed of 69.6 mph and a dynamic loft of 10.5 you will get a carry distance of 400 m. However you will not see a trajectory line in the graph. The reason is very simple, the axis scaling (which you cannot change) just doesn't fit here.

Cheers
Frank

fschmidberger
Site Admin

Post by fschmidberger » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 am

...there is just one thing that I don't like, it says that the maximum height was 398.4m, which is of course wrong. The maximum height should be something slightly above the tee height.

I will have a closer look at it later today.

Cheers
Frank

fschmidberger
Site Admin

Post by fschmidberger » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi Michael,

it's really hard to believe but I have just discovered the very first bug in TrajectoWare Drive since we have released version 1.0 back in 2007.

If it was correct, the entered value for the tee height should be based on the unit for Length. The bug is, that it has to be entered in yards, if the unit for pressure is psi and it has to be entered in meter if the unit for pressure is mbar. I know this sounds weird but this is a typical copy&paste bug.

So, in our example, if I enter 470.25 as tee height I get a maximum height of 435.2m which is correct.

Actually after adjusting the tee height to 470.25 I had to change the impact parameters in order to get 400m carry distance. For example, 75mph clubhead speed with 28 degree dynamic loft lead to 400m carry distance. Unfortunately this leads to an initial spin rate of 5634 rpm, which is above the recommended maximum of 4000, e.g. the result is not very reliable.

Cheers
Frank

Michael1709
Trusted user

Post by Michael1709 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 pm

Thank you you all for your responses. I aplologise my question was in some ways a classicl nebie question and with a bit more research I calcualted an answer, albeit that it didnt quite make sense. Intuitively a club head sped of 70 mph with a 10 degree launch loft doesnt seem sufficient. Of course I can be convinced by the physics but it doesnt seem to accord with the videos showing full blooded drivers being hit by professionals at the hole.

Regardless thank you all for responses. It looks like a great applicaton.

Michael