Version for Mac

Place any feature wishes for TrajectoWare Drive 2.0 here.

Moderators: fschmidberger, dtutelman

skeedracer
Trusted user

Version for Mac

Post by skeedracer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:15 pm

I'd hope that you could port your application to OSX for Mac.

It would also be a good idea to somewhere in your opening discussion, let people know that it is Windows only

Wish I could somehow access it.
Brad

dtutelman
Site Admin

Re: Version for Mac

Post by dtutelman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:53 pm

skeedracer wrote:I'd hope that you could port your application to OSX for Mac.

It would also be a good idea to somewhere in your opening discussion, let people know that it is Windows only
Brad, thanks for pointing out that "Windows only" is not mentioned on the description page. I just fixed that. I know it doesn't solve your problem, but it might save the next guy trouble.

I doubt we are going to fix that in the near future. Even if the code ports to the MAC (which I seriously doubt) we use some things that are Windows-only in the support libraries, such as Microsoft's HTML help facility and TeeChart for graphics. So it's not an easy port.

Add the fact that there is not much demand -- hey, you're the first to point out that "Windows only" is not mentioned on the description page -- and you get a rather low-priority feature.

I wish I could be more encouraging. I understand from some Mac enthusiasts that there is a Windows compatibility environment for the Mac. I don't know how good it is, but you might try TrajectoWare in that. No guarantees, though.

Good luck!
DaveT

skeedracer
Trusted user

Mac

Post by skeedracer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Dave,
Thanks for the reply. You're right, it probably would run in a new version under emulation. I'll keep that in mind with my next software upgrade.

And thanks for the effort in creating such a valuable and fun tool. I'll keep coming back and checking for new, interesting threads. In fact, I'm posting a question that I'd answer myself if I had a windows machine
Brad 8)

parteeboy
Trusted user

Post by parteeboy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:22 am

Instead of writing a version for OS X on the Mac, why not look into making a device independent version that can run on the web for both Windows, Mac, and any other hand held device that has web browsing capability. :D

fschmidberger
Site Admin

Post by fschmidberger » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:13 am

parteeboy wrote:Instead of writing a version for OS X on the Mac, why not look into making a device independent version that can run on the web for both Windows, Mac, and any other hand held device that has web browsing capability. :D
Not a bad idea. We will certainly consider that approach, but not in the near future.

Actually I will work on a project the next few months where I have to port a windows program that I have done years ago to a web application. After that project I will have an idea what it could mean to port TrajectoWare to a web application.

However, without having looked at any details, I'm quite sure that it will not be possible to have all the fancy features (like mouse wheel support) of TrajectoWare in a web application.

Regards, Frank

jaacobbowden
Trusted user

Post by jaacobbowden » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:31 pm

I would second a Mac and/or web version. :D

cahalk
Trusted user

Post by cahalk » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:17 am

Another Mac

JFour
Trusted user

Post by JFour » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:58 pm

+1 on this. PLEASE

Wolanski

Post by Wolanski » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:17 am

Mac or web version would be awesome. Any news on that front?