error message

This is the place for any questions and discussions about TrajectoWare.

Moderators: fschmidberger, dtutelman

started2k3
Trusted user

error message

Post by started2k3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:16 am

I downloaded and installed it but I am getting an error when I try to run it.

Error starting program
The TRAJECTOWARE.EXE file is linked to missing export SHELL32.DLL:SHGetFolderPathA.

Any idea what the problem is?

fschmidberger
Site Admin

Re: error message

Post by fschmidberger » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:24 am

Hi started2k3

what is the exact Windows version and what is the exact version of the Internet Explorer on your PC?

I've checked the minimum requirements for SHELL32.DLL/SHGetFolderPathA again:

Windows 95 with Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 98 with Internet
Explorer 5.0, Windows 98 Second Edition (SE), Windows NT 4.0 with
Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4 (SP4)

So, if you are running something below Win2k the easiest solution is probably to upgrade to at least IE 5.0.

Is this a feasible solution for you?

Cheers
Frank

started2k3
Trusted user

Post by started2k3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:40 pm

I will check when I get home.

fschmidberger
Site Admin

Post by fschmidberger » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:44 pm

Hi started2k3

before you make any changes to your PC I would like to send you a special version of TrajectoWare.EXE for testing.

I could have this version ready for you later today.

Frank

started2k3
Trusted user

Post by started2k3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:12 pm

Do you need my email? Or do you have access to that already?

FYI - I was able to get it to run on my work PC (XP), but I still would like to be able to run it from home.

Thanks,
Charles

fschmidberger
Site Admin

Post by fschmidberger » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Charles,

yes, I have access to your email address.

Frank

DAGolfer
Trusted user

reinstallation problems

Post by DAGolfer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:54 pm

I now have updated to Windows 10.. but I cannot now reinstall the Trajactoware program as I encounter error 2503 and 2502 messages. I have gone out an gotten a registry verification and correct program to assure my computer is up to date but still cannot reload the program. Does anyone have a answer?

dtutelman
Site Admin

Re: reinstallation problems

Post by dtutelman » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:18 pm

DAGolfer wrote:I now have updated to Windows 10.. but I cannot now reinstall the Trajactoware program as I encounter error 2503 and 2502 messages. I have gone out an gotten a registry verification and correct program to assure my computer is up to date but still cannot reload the program. Does anyone have a answer?
I have not upgraded to Windows 10, so I can't help you. Don't know what the problem is. Frank, do you know? Could it be the graphics library? I have heard rumors that Windows 10 breaks some CAD programs, so perhaps it is graphics display.

DAGolfer
Trusted user

Re: reinstallation problems

Post by DAGolfer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm

dtutelman wrote:
DAGolfer wrote:I now have updated to Windows 10.. but I cannot now reinstall the Trajactoware program as I encounter error 2503 and 2502 messages. I have gone out an gotten a registry verification and correct program to assure my computer is up to date but still cannot reload the program. Does anyone have a answer?
I have not upgraded to Windows 10, so I can't help you. Don't know what the problem is. Frank, do you know? Could it be the graphics library? I have heard rumors that Windows 10 breaks some CAD programs, so perhaps it is graphics display.
Thanks for the info. I will await the update. FYI: From all information I have seen on 2503 and 2502 problems is relative to registration errors. I hope that gives you some insight. Like using the Program to presolve some launch conditions.

fschmidberger
Site Admin

Post by fschmidberger » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:17 am

Well, yes, I can confirm that it isn't possible to start the program on Windows 10. I will try to have a look at it.

Frank
Cheers
Frank

dtutelman
Site Admin

Windows 10

Post by dtutelman » Mon May 07, 2018 11:45 am

keshymarkyz wrote:I have heard rumors that Windows 10 breaks some CAD program
I assume this is a question about TrajectoWare Drive, and whether it will run under Windows 10. It does on my computer, no problems. (It's an AMD chip, not Intel, if that matters.)

Something has broken the other trajectory program I use (Traj30, for irons, too much spin for TrajectoWare Drive). It isn't Windows 10 itself, but one of the programs I installed has probably "upgraded" one of the DLLs it uses and broken something in the process.

As for your comment about CAD programs... I had heard the same thing. I was worried about my TurboCAD Ver 16. I should not have worried; Windows 10 did not hurt it at all. But... It was getting pretty old; IMSI Design was no longer supporting it. So I took advantage of a bargain upgrade to [then-current] TurboCAD 2016. I shouldn't have! That is broken enough without Windows 10 to help. I'm still using Ver 16 until I have enough time and money to upgrade my machine to the video display it needs.