Head mass

This is the place for any questions and discussions about TrajectoWare.

Moderators: fschmidberger, dtutelman

Dariusz J.
Trusted user

Head mass

Post by Dariusz J. » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:03 pm

Big greetings from Poland & thanks for a great product, Dave & Frank. Nice to see you on another Forum.

Have a question concerning the head mass - if there's an additional hosel/shaft tip weight added - should we take it into account when writing down the value of the head mass into TrajectoWare ?

Cheers
Dariusz

fschmidberger
Site Admin

Re: Head mass

Post by fschmidberger » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:01 am

Hi Dariusz,

welcome to the TrajectoWare forum.

The answer to your question is yes.

Cheers
Frank

kevinozee
Trusted user

Post by kevinozee » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi,

So, where can I find the mass for a brand's heads? Specifically, Taylormade 460cc driver, 3 wood and 4 iron.

Changing mass certainly changes the distance and spin, so it seems a pretty critical factor in calculations.

Thanks, Kevin

dtutelman
Site Admin

Post by dtutelman » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 pm

kevinozee wrote:Hi,
So, where can I find the mass for a brand's heads? Specifically, Taylormade 460cc driver, 3 wood and 4 iron.

Changing mass certainly changes the distance and spin, so it seems a pretty critical factor in calculations.
I have no idea. You could ask TaylorMade. I don't know if they will respond. An extreme solution is to pull the head and weight it, then reassemble the club.

You highlight one of the reasons (but just one) that I don't buy OEM clubs. I build clubs from components, because I know exactly what I am getting. I'm not buying "trust me" and some magic that an ad-writer thought up.

DaveT